Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

Just when you think the world is on the brink of collapsing around you, Hope waves its little finger at you from the bottom of Pandora's box.

1. Walking home from work today, I was about 2/3 of the way there, and one of the motorbike taxi guys from outside my complex gives me a lift the rest of the way home..for free.

2. I was hanging my laundry outside to dry overnight(I'd tried to dry two loads together in the washer...and they just came out damp), and I heard a knock on my door. I called for them to come in, and David's wife Muay came in carrying a plate piled with three delicious pieces of pizza and two hot wings.

3. As I was finishing up my laundry outside, I noticed a small baby cockroach on the wall of my balcony. Having just swept a large one into a dustpan and thrown it off the balcony yesterday, I wasn't up for trying to chase this one down, and wondered how long it would be until I'd have to deal with it. As if it had heard my thoughts, I had no sooner gone back inside and closed the door behind me when one of the cute little geckos that run around out there on my porch skittered onto the ceiling near the light, waited, then pounced on the cockroach, swallowing it whole. :)


:D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great you are having such support. And geckos are the best thing to have on your walls, they eat bugs better than the little lizards! Rosa