Sunday, January 13, 2013

Resolutions

I resolve to take my plans to God before anyone else.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  -Philippians 4:6

I resolve to focus on where God is leading me and what He wants me to do instead of what others think I should be doing with my life.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  -Proverbs 3:5,6

I resolve to surrender to His will and stop pushing my own agenda.
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."  -Luke 22:42

I resolve to be a better example of Christ's love and patience.
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  -Colossians 3:12

I resolve to hold myself accountable for my actions, and to take responsibility when I've hurt someone.
But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.  -Matthew 12:36

I resolve not to pursue any romantic relationships. This does not mean I am not open to being pursued, but any man wanting to do so has got a helluva lot of work to do at this point because I'm feeling pretty bitter and fed up right now.
Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?  -Proverbs 20:6

I resolve not to cry over men who do not deserve my tears.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.  -Revelations 21:4

I resolve to guard my heart.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  -Proverbs 4:23






No comments: