Friday, January 7, 2011

My Kingdom for a Dryer


After returning from my trip to Krabi(which I will post about *soon*..I'm waiting "patiently" for a few photos from others on the trip), and just about any other trip, I am faced with the daunting task of: LAUNDRY. And while, yes, we do have a laundry room in every building here at Champs, the problem is that each laundry room has a whopping 14 washers, and only 1 dryer. ONE. And if someone decides to stuff their comforter in there for an hour right before your clothes finish in the washer(this has happened to me several times; I don't even know what you need a comforter for here, I sleep with my AC on almost every night), you're screwed. You either have to stuff all your wet laundry in a bag/basket and cart it off to another building to find an empty dryer, or take it upstairs, hang it 'somewhere', and let it airdry. For hours. Sigh..what I wouldn't give to just have a dryer installed in my condo...

4 comments:

Andrew said...

I know for a fact it doesnt take that long for clothes to hang dry in thialand...even when its poring down rain lol

Andrew said...

Thailand whoops bad spelling lol

Donna said...

Good luck with that.
P.S. Now that you're extending your stay, guess you'll need to edit your blog title sometime.

Amelia said...

Okay Andrew, if you're going to comment on my blog posts, let me make one thing perfectly clear: you spending however many few weeks you did here when you got hitched does not make you an expert on what does and doesn't happen in Thailand. Sorry, but I'm gonna go ahead and pull seniority on this one since I've been here a LITTLE longer, and living here is different than coming and visiting for a few weeks. And no, it is NOT a fact that things dry in no time here, especially with the constant humidity in the air. If I hang things outside, they take almost all day to dry, and when I hang them inside, it takes about two hours, and that's after they've been in the dryer for 30 minutes, depending on how big the load was. Thanks for your input though :)


And Donna - YES! I've been trying to think about whether I should do a subtle change like my yearS in thailand, or just change the whole thing to something new...haha haven't decided yet.