Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dear Jane..


"I know I've been a super awesome boyfriend, and have been nothing but sweet and caring for the last six months, but I don't want to wait for you anymore. I don't want to see you next month, and I'm going to ignore you for a week to help reality set in. I know it sucks to have all our hopes and plans vanish overnight, but I don't have the patience to wait and discuss this like respectable adults in March. I'm sorry, but I'm doing this for me."

Flo




That's not exactly what it said, but it's what I got out of it. And by "it" I mean the email attachment I received Monday morning from him. And by received I mean, I woke up still miserable after being feverish and sick all weekend to email my boss that I couldn't come in to work, and found it in my inbox. And by found, I mean I spent 4 hours typing every. single. french. word. into my translator because the document was 'read-only,' and I couldn't copy and paste it; it was like rubbing salt in the wound.

And Flo, if you read this and think you wanna bitch about how I'm "posting your business for the world to see," maybe you should have thought of that before you threw all tact out the window and attached a Dear Jane letter to an email instead of looking me in the eye and saying it like a man.

You're a coward. It hurts me to say it, but it's true. I always knew there was a chance this would happen, and maybe that's why I'm not as distraught as I might have been, but I really thought this would happen(if it did) between May and October when I would have 5 months of no vacation. You were really a wonderful guy, and I'm sorry that now all my friends will only think of you as the douchebag who broke my heart instead of the sweet, genuine person that I know you to be.

I WILL be taking my trip to Europe next month, and I WILL enjoy myself. Just not with you, apparently. I miss you, and you have really hurt me, but I'll be damned if I let you ruin my vacation. Someday soon you'll regret what you've done, and you'll wish you'd kept me close. You thought you missed me before? Just you wait.

5 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

Wowwwwwww....

Amelia said...

Not sure what your wow means...

@Sklake said...

Just remember, if he wasn't the one, God's perfect man is still waiting for you to find him. Have fun in Europe! (You go girl!)

Jill said...

Wow! I'm sorry, Amelia. Not that it's any of my business, but you deserve better. You're an awesome person and I'm sure that there will be someone deserving right around the corner. This guy did you a favor...

Amelia said...

Thanks, Jill :)