Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Making of the Booze Cupcakes

My lovely friend Celeste has a recipe for Irish cupcakes, and wanted to make them for my farewell party last week, so Friday morning I stopped by the Robinhood pub to pick up a pint of Guinness (beer) and 2 shots of Bailey's liqueur. They seemed a bit confused at first when I asked to get them "take away," but soon became resourceful and emptied to water bottles and poured the alcohol into them so I could easily carry them the few blocks to the cafe. We also needed whiskey, so I bit the bullet and bought a bottle (which ended up being way more than we needed, but oh well). 
Celeste had a bit of administrative work to get done, but showed me where everything I needed was and had two of the cafe staff come to help me. The Guinness went into the batter mix, the Jameson into the chocolate ganoche in the middle, and the Bailey's went into the butter cream frosting. They were AMAZINGLY delicious!  

Bailey's, Guinness, and the bottle of Jameson haha

Mashing and measuring the butter

lol He always gives me that face hahaha

Getting the batter ready to beat

My slightly-more-psycho-looking-than-I-thought licking-the-mixer pic

Getting the frosting nice and fluffy

All frosted! Thanks Celeste!

Had to samply one, just to make sure it was delicious

Ah..a thing of beauty :D


No comments: