Monday, April 11, 2011

Moving Up

As you may or may not know, depending on your facebook usage, my apt was invaded by termites last week. That paired with my lack of a reachable landlord, my approaching trip home next month, and two friends arriving in the next three weeks(not to mention my current lease also coming to an end), I met with David's wife Muay on Friday, we got ice cream and talked it over, and she suggested I look at a new apt. I agreed, so we fetched the key to the vacant condo across the hall from them and I checked it out:

While I wasn't a big fan of the fact that this apt was smaller than my current one, or that there was less storage space for all my junk, I did like that nothing was built-in(and no termites), there was a working tv, the bed's mattress was softer, and there was a sink on the balcony for me to wash my dishes. I contemplated for about 5 minutes, decided I'd probably need to move one way or another, and within 2 hours had met with my new landlord, signed the lease, paid my deposit and first month's rent, and received the keys to my new home. First order of business - rearrange the furniture so there would be room for my couch:

After a delicious dinner with Muay and David(who was *thrilled* to find out we were going to be neighbors), I went home and packed up my apt. Saturday was filled with countless trips back and forth between the two buildings for about 6 hours, and carefully putting everything in its place. David and my new coworker Jonathan helped me move the larger furniture and heavy appliances with David's truck, and I was beyond grateful. My internet should be moved over today, hopefully, and then my new place will be complete!


I am now on the 4th floor of Building B; check my facebook info page for my new apt #, as that page is private and this one isn't. :)

No comments: