Monday, April 25, 2011

Couchsurfer #1

A few months ago, in preparation and anticipation of my future backpacking excursions, I became a member of couchsurfing.org. Had my location verified, and had my first "surfer" mid-April. Her name was Tasha, American(from Florida), and had been living in Australia for two years, and was on her way back home, Thailand being the last stop on her journey before going stateside. I showed her which buses to take to get to and from my place, and then she headed to Kanchanaburi for a night before returning to my place. Efrain arrived the night before Easter Sunday(two days after Tasha "moved in"), so I picked him up at the airport super late, and after dealing with the frustrating taxis, we finally got back to my place. Tasha was waiting for us, and intros were made before passing out exhausted. Sunday morning Efrain and Katie and I went to Chatuchak Market, where aside from browsing all the cool stuff, we had some DELICIOUS kebabs. Omg. Delicious.

Sunday evening service was great,

and Monday night we headed to The Saxophone, a jazz club in Bangkok near Victory Monument.

Every Monday night, Koh Sax Man comes and plays from 12-1:30am, so we stayed and listened to him perform and WOW. Take a look(wait for it..there are a few solos):

Tasha left Tuesday morning to finish exploring Bangkok before flying home early Wednesday morning. I was sad to see her go, but wished her well and a safe trip home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was worth staying to hear; great! Rosa