Saturday, August 6, 2011

Couchsurfer #4

Florian, from Germany.

Flo arrived Thursday, the 28th, two days after Bryan had left. Met with him at Chatuchak Park and took the buses back to my place to let him get settled in. We chatted for a while, got some ice cream, then headed back into Bangkok for an evening at The Saxophone.


Friday Flo headed out to wander Bangkok while I went to work. Unfortunately, even though I had a short day at work, my stomach was in miserable knots, and prevented me from going out anywhere that evening.
Saturday I sent Flo off with Stephanie and Tina to Koh Kret while I was in Bangkok hosting the baby shower, and we met back up at my apt that evening before heading to Tommo and Kim's engagement party.

Sunday we both slept in, then he headed off to the weekend market and I left to grab some roti and coffee before church.
Monday was a slow day; Flo spent the day in the city again while I worked.
Tuesday, however, was a good day. Flo joined my coworkers and I in our weekly game of football(soccer), and did really well! It evened out our teams for a 12 player 6-on-6 game.
Flo left early Wednesday morning. I was sad to see him go; he was fun to talk to and got along great with my coworkers, but off he went to Koh Chang, and then to finish his trip in Vietnam.

No comments: