Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hit me with your best shot!


Tuesday's soccer game was quite the memorable one. I had a load of laundry to do before the game(which included my shorts for soccer), which finished right about the time we were meeting to walk over to the sports complex, so when I headed out, I figured I'd missed them, and started to walk over. About a third of the way there it started pouring rain. I hid out under a tree for a minute or two, but decided I couldn't stay there forever, so I made a run for it. Completely drenched, I finally sloshed up to the arena, where Tim, Dave and Buzz were waiting. But where was the group from Champs that I thought I'd missed? THEY TOOK A TAXI! Thanks for telling me, jerks. The rain continued to come down while we played, and as goalkeeper, I got the brunt of it. The arena is covered, but not walled in, and the goal I was protecting was on the end where the wind was blowing, and I stood there getting pissed on while everyone else ran around under cover. I wasn't doing too well, and halftime came around, and my team decided to trade me to the other side. Thanks again, jerks. So not only did this mean that my teammates had lost all faith in me, but I didn't get to switch sides of the field, and was stuck back in the same goal. However, it seems fate was on my side that evening, because when we started up again, I was doing great! Blocking shots left and right, I made my first team sorry they gave me away. I even took one to the face! Okay, not straight on(or I'd have pictures of my broken nose and black eye), but the left side. It knocked me to the ground, and everyone ran over; Liam came up and gave me a hug, apologizing for kicking it, but the first words out of my mouth were, "Did it go in?!" It didn't! Bahaha! The redness faded after about ten minutes, and no bruises to report, though it did rip my earring clean out(luckily it was a little plastic 2baht earring, so I won't miss it, and I didn't even notice til after we got home). Having only let 2 or 3 balls in that half, I finished well. When the game was over, the majority of us headed back to Champs(those of us who live here) to grab some drinks and grub at the Mexican restaurant. Since I was still soaked from my run and playing in the wet goal, I walked back with Liam while everyone else took a cab.

No comments: