Saturday, October 22, 2011

Eurotrip


As I'm sure many of you have been anxiously waiting to hear about my travels the last few weeks, I thought I'd better not keep you waiting much longer. However, I do want to give you a bit of prelude, if you will, of what to expect in the next few weeks.

First of all, if you remember back to my China post(and my slight blurb at the beginning of it), let me tell you right now that planning and preparations for this excursion FAR exceeded those of China, and for the few of you who know what I was dealing with in September, you know how much I was looking forward to getting out of Thailand, away from work for a while, and really just needed this vacation.

Second of all, I have decided to organize my trip posts by city (plus a separate post at the end about all the mind-blowing food I spoiled myself with), so that I don't have one massive never-ending post that takes me a month to finish and that no one would ever be able to get through in one sitting. Plus it keeps you coming back for more. ;)


Third of all, and on a much more somber note, due to the current flooding crisis in Thailand, a few things:
1. It may take me longer than I'd like to get my posts up, so please be patient.
2. I may intersperse posts with flooding updates in between my city recaps, so don't freak out if you think I missed a city or am getting lazy with my posts.
3. Right now the water hasn't reached our apts, but the Thais are definitely panicking, and the stores in our area can't get supplies delivered, so we have to make what we have last for now. I'm okay for now, and my apt's on the 4th floor, so I'm not worried about losing my home, but we don't know how much worse the situation will get as the rivers around us are overflowing and bursting. Please keep Thailand in your prayers, and if you are able to assist in any way through organizations taking donations in the States, please do. Thailand is such a beautiful country, and the Thais are such caring, humble, selfless and hospitable people - I hate to see the pain and tragedy that this is causing them. Thailand needs our help, and not just in the immediate for relief, but in the coming months and beyond for recovery and rebuilding.

With that said and done, stay tuned for city #1: Amsterdam. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in Thailand! Rosa