Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quick Update..and a few things I forgot

I did most of my trip journaling while I was sitting on the trains, so although I tried to keep most of it in past tense, there are a few places where the tenses change, and based on how I wrote you can often tell what day I was writing about the past few days.

Update on the flooding:
Our church retreat this weekend was cancelled due to the resort being close to being flooded out, and the road to get there was flooded out. So some of us met in Bangkok at Pastor Stewart's house this afternoon/evening for some worship and fellowship. And I got to hold little baby Jude!


And he fell asleep...so precious. We had two baptisms, pizza and s'mores to complete the evening.

The flooding in my area is spreading, though it hasn't gotten to my neighborhood yet; our main entrance is barracaded completely, and the other one is half blocked, with sandbags on the sides waiting to fill in the gap. Bond Rd(the main road) in Muang Thong Thani is flooded, and the highway is like a parking lot with cars parked along the sides single, double, and even triple parked in some places. Some reports say that the water will reach the city center in the next few days, others say that's false, so people don't know what to believe. Starting to get a bit worried, but will keep updating as I find out more.

No comments: