Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Born This Way Ball


May 25th was the day, and the Lady Gaga concert was the event!


Despite protests in the days prior in:

Jakarta, Indonesia(concert was cancelled due to refusal from the authorities to issue the permit for the show)

Bali, Indonesia

Seoul, South Korea(concert occurred, but many groups protested like mad in the streets)

and Manila, The Philippines

Lady G still made her way to Thailand, and was received with wide open welcoming arms at Don Muang airport.



Smitha's friends had rented a big party bus to get to the event, and invited me to join.




We enjoyed pizza and drinks on our way through the horrendous traffic,

and finally arrived on scene to find our seats. Our seats weren't all together, so we planned a meeting point and entered the stadium to join the 50,000 other screaming fans.





My seat was way up in the nosebleeds, but I had a great view of everything, and was glad I wasn't in the standing room area. Though climbing the stairs in my new heels was more of a workout than I'd anticipated.





The walk down from Level 3 was even tougher, and by the time I met up with everyone every pore in my body was drenched in sweat, and my legs were shaking from walking so far on my toes. Totally worth it though; an excellent concert, and I look forward to seeing her again the next time she comes to town. :D


Rock on, little monsters.

No comments: