Friday, June 1, 2012

Good News, Bad News

The good news is...I'm staying a third year in Thailand!
The bad news is...I'm not coming home...until who-knows-when.

The good news is...I have fewer classes to teach this year!
The bad news is...I have one P6 class, which means a whole separate set of books and lessons and exams and bleh.

The good news is...I got a newer, bigger desk!
The bad news is...it has no drawers for my office supplies, so I've had to invest in some desktop drawer organizer things.


The good news is...I got a raise!
The bad news is...the government has finally noticed I'm here, and the tax deducted from my paychecks(starting this month) is the same amount as my salary increase. :(

The good news is...we have a new Sister at the school.
The bad news is...more on that later.

The good news is...I'm pretty sure(50%) that there won't be floods this year.
The bad news is...we only have 2 weeks off in October instead of 3, and we also have to work on Christmas Eve(so I won't be coming home...Mom and Dad - David is free to come visit at that time if he wants to).

The good news is...I finally got the billing address corrected with TOT.
The bad news is...I'm going to have to start paying for my internet every month again.

The good news is...I stuck to my guns and told Flo that I couldn't commit to a future with him with differing beliefs.
The bad news is...he now refuses to speak to me.

The good news is...I have a new iPod!
The bad news is...I left the last one (Bruno) plugged into the wall at church, charging, two weeks ago. Paid 5,500B($175) for this one.

The good news is...I got my completion bonus for my second year!
The bad news is...it's all going to my credit card bill.

The good news is...I'm staying in the same adorable little apt that I've had for the past year!
The bad news is...my air conditioner started leaking yesterday. :(

The good news is...I've found a university where I can get my Masters in under 2 years!
The bad news is...it may be out of my(my parents') price range, especially with the boy going to law school in a year. (Dammit, David, why can't you drop out of college already!)

The good news is...I love my life here!
The bad news is...I miss everyone at home like crazy. <3

1 comment:

kaileia16 said...

Your blogs are amazing, not to mention, it's great to keep up with another part of the world through your eyes..