Friday, July 27, 2012

Pharyngolaryngitis

Went to the doctor this afternoon, waited with a bunch of other coughing people, then saw Dr Wilai Chotojiraphan. She's nice, and speaks English well, but she was the one who only gave me a 5 day Rx for my strep last time instead of a 10 day (and I had to come back a week later for more meds).

When she stuck her little mirror-on-a-stick in my mouth and asked me to say "Ahh", it came out more like "hhhuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"; she made me do it again....same result.

She scribbled down her diagnosis and sent me off to the pharmacy to pick up my Rxs. Now I have a nice cocktail of sunlight-sensitive antibiotics(Augmentin), anti-inflammitories(Danzen), mild steroids(Prednisolone), and antibacterial throat lozenges(Cepacol) to enjoy for the next week.


Oh. And "no talking until you're better."

Not the end of the world, unless you're a teacher. -___-

No comments: