Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sydney, Australia (Part 2)

Day 13
Early Monday morning, Tasha and I rushed off to catch the train and meet up with her housemate Rob and his friend Max to go hiking. Destination: Blue Mountains! So beautiful.
On the train


Rob and Max














Sittin on the Edge


My..uh..scared face 





We'll be making a "Rob and Max Under Waterfalls" calendar soon XD


900 steps up..in the sun..next time - we go DOWN this way

Max ruining my beautiful picture

Tasha setting up her camera

Group Shot!

Day 14
Tuesday morning I had an appt at the University of Sydney. Loved the campus - it's in the city, the Population Health building is in the middle of campus, and everyone was so helpful and friendly - it was wonderful.
Campus Map

Population Health Building

I had planned to stop at the University of New South Wales on my way to meet Mark at Coogee Beach(Tasha had a work meeting), but accidentally got off the bus at the wrong stop, realized it after walking for a bit and not finding the university, and when I walked back to where I'd gotten off and got back on the next bus, Mark was on the bus! Not wanting to have to locate him again having already "found" him, I decided to skip wandering UNSW's campus, and just spent the entire afternoon on the beach, doing absolutely nothing(got a bit of a nasty sunburn, but it was worth it).
Coogee Beach

Me and Mark soaking up the sun

That evening we all headed to the Australian Museum across from Hyde Park for Jurassic Lounge(www.jurassiclounge.com) where "Over two ten week seasons a year, on Tuesday nights, the Australian Museum opens its doors for after-hours sessions with bars, live music and performance, interactive games, expert talks, hands-on workshops, film screenings and live art, set against a stunning backdrop of taxidermy and quirky science specimens." Basically visiting the museum with games and music and drinks and glowing body paint and a silent disco....I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Mario Cart

Hipster Drumming

Museum levels


Table Tennis


Silent Disco

Silent Disco

Silent Disco

Freshwater Crocodile

Prehistoric Giant Woolly Wombat Thing

Um.....bird

Dance Party

Glowing Body Paint

Stuffed Wombat

Dinosaur!

Stick Bugs!

Yeah..this is how I really felt with that thing crawling on me haha

Epic Duck Face! 

Baxter, my new pet

Mark
I LOVED Australia. Everyone was so wonderful, and it will be great to see all my friends (new and old) again. Cannot wait to return! :D

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

SILENT DISCO?! Looks weird. And cool. :)

Amelia said...

It's actually really awesome because you can talk to people if you want by just removing your headphones, AND you can control the volume of the music in your ears too :D