Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bowling

Monday afternoon I headed into Bangkok to hit the bank to get my cash exchanged...only to get there at 4 and realize that they close at 3:30. Lame. So I treated myself to a large delicious Starbucks, and people watched while waiting for April to finish at her dentist appt. Then we had dinner at a little cafe at Esplanade, with mango and sticky rice for dessert. MMMM. Then we went bowling. There's a 22-lane bowling alley on the fourth floor of Esplanade, so we decided to check it out. She said, "Let's come up with the other person's name for the screen, and then we'll let them enter it and see it when we get to our lane." Well that was all fine and dandy; she wrote Cowgirl Princess for me, and I wrote A-peel(that's what it sounds like when the Thais say her name) for her. Only when we got to our lane, our names were as follows:

Look at that form!


Needless to say, bowling isn't April's forte, and I beat her two games straight, no contest.

But she was a good sport, and even returned the favor in the arcade with basketball. We tried to play air hockey, but the puck flew off three times, almost killing the guys playing the race car things behind us(the third puck missed their heads but hit the flat screen TV DEAD ON). We left at that point, deciding maybe it wasn't our night for air hockey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the names on the screen; Freudian Slip? :) Rosa

Amelia said...

thanks mom