Monday, September 20, 2010

Pattaya, Take II

Friday afternoon headed straight home from work, then headed off to yoga with Bauj, Rani and Shyr. I did not participate, I watched. I also took pictures throughout, at Rani's request. After yoga we headed to Chang Wattana Rd for pizza and bowling. I'm not really sure who won bowling, we just played for an hour, but I know I didn't lose.


After bowling I grabbed a cab out to the airport hotel to meet up with Kirk's mom, Nancy, who was in Bangkok for the night on her way from Cambodia to Bangladesh.


Saturday morning, I headed to the eastern bus terminal and took a bus to Pattaya, where April, Christy and Kelly were already out exploring. I met up with them, we headed for the botanical gardens
and saw a Thai cultural show, which included dancing

Thai boxing,

drumming, and elephant warriors

followed by an outdoor elephant show where the elephants showed off their skills in Darts

Basketball

Soccer (or football, as the foreigners call it)

Bowling

Painting

and of course, their strong trunks :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture with the elephant lifting you; Way to go!!! Rosa

Donna said...

The gardens look BEAUTIFUL. And, what can't elephants do? The skills, the thrills! Great pictures!

Amelia said...

The botanical gardens are actually acres and acres, but we didn't have a lot of time that day, so we only saw a little bit of it. Definitely worth going back to.