Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, PLEASE go away!

Despite the hot, humid unpleasantry of Sunday morning and afternoon, Sunday night brought torrents of rain..and flooded streets. Have Thais never heard of storm drains? You'd think with all the rain..
The rain after church


Flooded Streets in Muang Thong Thani



Tuesday night, the thunder outside made me feel like a little child. I went outside to videotape it, and there was a clap of thunder so loud I whimpered, stopped the video, and ran back inside to cower under my blanket.


Wednesday night a handful of co-workers and I went to Rangsit for dinner. It rained, again. And the streets...well..flooded again. And this time not just from lots of rain, but from the river overflowing..which comes from lots of rain..so I guess it is the rain's fault.
Me standing on the back of the songthaew

Rani..inside the songthaew. You'll notice that I'm the only one that looked out of place on this truck.

Flooded streets in Rangsit

No comments: