Monday, November 15, 2010

Koh Samet

As you all know, or should know, November 11th is Veteran's Day, and is a National Holiday in the United States; it always worked out wonderfully, because I never had to go to school or work on my birthday. In Thailand, November 11th is a Thursday. I was dreading having to go into work and teach all day on my birthday, until Tuesday, when my 5/3 students told me, "No IP Thursday Friday, Teacher. We go to camp." Music to my ears. Jesus DOES love me! So I took an "official leave day" on Thursday, and was sick (cough cough) on Friday, and headed to Koh Samet for the weekend. Got up early Thursday morning, traveled 5 hours by taxi, skytrain, bus, ferry, and pick-up truck, until finally checking into my bungalow.

What did I do all weekend? Met some interesting people, ate some good food, people-watched, and enjoyed the evening beach shows. Other than that, I did absolutely nothing. And it was wonderful.














1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

Sigh. I want to do nothing. Just one day.