Sunday, June 19, 2011

New and Improved Wai Kru

Last year on Wai Kru Day(Teacher Respect Day) all the teachers had to sit through a long ceremony and assembly thing outside under the pavilion thing. THIS year, however, they decided that wasn't necessary, so each teacher was showered with flowers and thank yous and dances from our OWN students in our own classes during 3rd period. I liked it much better because at least this time around it wasn't some random child bowing at my feet, it was actually one of my P5 students. It also felt more personal, which made it sweeter, too.

My P5/3 class

Por and Nan reading (something, possibly a poem)



Me and the class' Thai homeroom teacher

Accepting gifts

The students bowing in respect

Handing off my overflowing lap-full of flowers to my "helpers"


The cute dances they did for us


My stash


The prettiest one

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked your outfit. They sure did a good job singing; and the flowers are gorgeous. Rosa

Jamie Stavenger said...

When did they all learn that dance? So cute!

Donna said...

Doesn't your heart just want to burst with the sweetness of it all!!!

Amelia said...

Isn't it cute? Yeah, it's one of my favorite days, but it can be a bit awkward at times. Last year was pretty awkward, especially since we didn't know the particular kids in front of us, and to have them bowing down to us for the duration of a song...well, you can imagine. Much preferred this year's ceremonies.