Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 1 in CA


Made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare, and boarded our flight to Beijing right on schedule. Found my row, and sat down in my "window" seat:

Since when do airplanes have window seats with NO WINDOW?!

Nine hour layover in Beijing. Miserable? Not quite. Wonderful Efrain got us two beds in the airport hotel thing, and we got to sleep for 7 of those hours. Looooong flight home, filled with lots of talking, laughing, movies, a few arguments over whose pillow was whose and who got the armrest, and some mediocre asian airplane food. Going through immigration in my own country was SO WEIRD. I've been through Bangkok immigration so many times, I wasn't sure which line to stand in(not to mention the people in front of me in the citizen line were asian, ironically). Met my parents on the other side of luggage claim, and headed home to Stock-town. But of course, we had to stop to eat. Where? Do you really have to ask..

Got home, drove Efrain to his house, then came back home and passed out(on my 12in serta mattress with 2in pillow top) around 7:30pm, trying to move pictures from my camera to my laptop. Woke up around 3am, went back to sleep for a few more hours, then got up around 6. Hello Jet-lag.

Friday was a super long and eventful day. Started my day with Starbucks, stopped by my dear friend Jess' house to say hello, then headed up to Sacramento for the day. Spent most of the day at Sac State; visited a few professors and instructors,

got talked into joining the Pep Band on a gig that afternoon,

attended my friend Josh's percussion recital,


and then took off to the Davis Grad for Line Dancing! Danced with Gavin, said hi to a few people, then left early(around 12am), grabbed an iced coffee at the gas station, and made my way out to Chico, where my fencing friend Geoffory had filet mignon and a delicious bottle of Port waiting for me :D. We enjoyed our meal, watched a movie, and then, what do you know, it was light outside! He headed off to "free comic book day" for about an hour(jerk), and I took a nap. Made some pasta when he came back, watched another movie, then I said farewell and drove back to Davis for another awesome night of line dancin'.

No comments: