Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 3 in CA

Sunday started out great. Debbie and I went to my Sacramento church, El Camino Baptist Church,

met April and Mark's two new babies,

and had a delicious lunch and fellowship at Mary and Ron's.


However, that afternoon, on my way up to Auburn, I decided I wanted coffee. Took the Exposition Blvd exit off 80, and hit a slight dip in the road on the turn, causing my wheels to lose grip on the road and sliding my car off the street and into the dirt. My car would've been dirty, but okay, had it not been for the stupid, and apparently pointless curb at the edge of the road, which my wheels ran into on their way to the dirt. Blew out both tires on the driver's side, dented the frame underneath, broke something in one of the headlights, blah blah blah, so my car was incapacitated for the week. My friend Rickey came and stayed with me til my dad got there(and the cops, and the ambulance for the car that wrecked two minutes after I did on the same spot, hitting[and likely totalling] the car that had stopped to see if I was okay), and drove me home while Dad stayed with my car til the tow truck arrived. :(




So, Monday was spent...at home.

Tuesday morning Efrain picked me up SUPER early, and took me to work with him so I could get out of the house. His advanced guitar boys had a playing test, and I sat back and "enjoyed" their performances. Take a gander:



Wednesday...home. With a delicious dinner at the Creamery.

Thursday I was home in the morning, had the pleasure of talking with my wonderful French friend Florian, and then: my loving dad decided to have some sympathy for me, and lent me the truck. Taking advantage of my new temporary set of wheels, I called up Rickey and high-tailed it to Roseville to meet him for an evening church service called The Shore at Bayside Church in Roseville.

Loved it. If you know any 20-somethings in Roseville who have open Thursday nights, send them there. I can't vouch for the crowd(it was big, but I don't really know any of them), but the service was great, and the speaker was fantastic. Made it back home to Stockton just in time to meet a few of my friends at the theater downtown for the midnight premiere of Pirates IV. :D

Friday was Graduation Day! I had woken up in a cold sweat Thursday night at around 3am to the panicked realization that I had left my tassel in Thailand. (!!!) After sending frantic texts to various friends who'd walked the year before, with no luck, I got up early, drove up to Sac, and made a stop at Sac State to purchase another one in the Student Union. And they had a few 2010s, just for me! I was relieved, to say the least, and made my way to Arco(I'm sorry, "Power Balance Pavilion"). Whatever.

Found a few of my friends in our Psych Dept line, and marched proudly out into the arena to sit through some nonsense speeches and accept my fake diploma thing.




It was awesome. A few too many airhorns, but that's okay.


Had lunch at BJs with Mom and Dad,

then spent the rest of the day with Rickey, who drove us to Rocklin in his beautiful Falcon to visit my dear friend Taryn once more at work. Finished the evening with another night at the Grad.


Saturday was an early-rise day, with breakfast at the diner on Main St in Jamestown on the way to Dad's and my day of 4-wheel driving.


I got to drive, though there were only a few places where we really needed the 4wd. Here's one of them, except Daddy dearest thought I'd smash the truck into the rocks, so it doesn't quite get the end very well. Sigh..



Oh and we went 3.5 miles off the main trail because Dad wanted to find the "scenic" lunch spot. Quite the view..


Had a great day overall, but was glad to get home and shower. Concluded the week with(what else?) one last night at the Grad.


Sunday morning I finished up my packing, and we headed to the airport. Made all my connections, and landed safely in Bangkok late Monday night.

No comments: