Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 2 in CA

Sunday was Mother's Day, so despite my late night Saturday I was up bright and early for church Sunday morning, and a fun-filled afternoon of shopping after a delicious lunch at Moo-Moo's.


Got some much-needed new jeans(which is an obnoxiously painful and tedious process), and spent some quality time with mommy dearest. Passed out around 7pm again.

Monday morning I awoke at 6:45 to shower and drive out to Ceres to "observe" Efrain's classes for the day. Apparently that meant I was in charge of bringing him coffee too. The classes were fun to watch(2 beginning guitar classes, 2 band classes, and an advanced guitar class), though his students were surprisingly shy around me. That is, except the advanced guitar class, made up of entirely of senior boys(and one freshman).

Followed Efrain back to his house after work where we made homemade enchiladas.


Okay, he made them, I helped. But they were SOOOO good! Be jealous.

Tuesday morning I had a dentist appt at 10am(which I aced!), and then drove up to Auburn, well, Cool, to see my dear friend Taryn and her family.

We chatted for a few hours, watched Tangled, her mom fed me(and everyone else), then I said my farewells and drove to Sacramento for the final Sac State Orchestra concert of the semester. The line was longer than I'd EVER seen it, and they ended up turning at least 50 people away when they reached max capacity.

I made it in about two minutes before they started, and got an awesome seat in the front row; I say awesome because the finale was a beautiful piano concerto with Ariadne at the keys, and I had the BEST view of her hands.

Mesmerizing. Also got to see my friend Ben, one of my favorite string bass players. :)


Wednesday was another observation day in Efrain's classes, with Wednesday evening a small family reunion of sorts; my grandparents and my aunt joined us for dinner at my parents' house, and my mom cooked a fabulous meal!


Thursday Jess and Sarah picked me up for a day in SF, and we hopped BART from Pleasanton and wandered by the wharf, browsed the street vendors at Justin-Herman Plaza, did some shopping, and took in the beautiful cloudless day on our way to Little Italy.


Ate lunch at Steps of Rome, splitting a bowl of delicious pasta and a scrumtious pizza. MMM.

And you can't go to (Little)Italy without having gelato, so down the street we trotted to a little gelato shop with a lovely young Italian guy who let us try every single flavor before actually making our order.

Hit Chinatown and stopped at the fortune cookie factory before heading back to BART.
Made it home in time to haul a** to Turlock and see CSU Stanislaus' wind ensemble concert. Had Applebees with Efrain after the concert, then headed home.

Friday I was back up in Sacramento for the weekend. First stop? Starbucks on 38th and J at 8am. Why? My awesome friend Josh(the one whose percussion recital I attended the Friday before) works there, and treats me to a complimentary coffee when I come visit, but his shift is an early morning one; so if I want my fix on the house, I gotta rise with the sun. It's always worth it :). Read my War and Peace for an hour or so, then headed to the dorms to drop my bag in Debbie's room. Put on my comfy ripped jeans and wandered over to meet my friend Justin, who had promised me a ride on his motorcycle. He briefed me on the "rules of being a passenger"(yes, you have to wear the helmet, don't lean too far when we turn, don't fall off, blah blah blah), then we took off to Squeeze Inn in Roseville.

Went to another percussion recital that afternoon(Brittany's),

then made my way back to Davis that evening for line dancing, and ran into my good friend Ricky.

Spent most of Saturday with him, then headed back to Sac for some friend time before going to the Grad again for some more dancing.

No comments: