Monday, December 19, 2011

Couchsurfer #5

Lucas, from Brazil.

This was about a month ago...I'm a bit behind on my posts...but I assure you I'll be caught up by Christmas :D.

Though he only stayed at my place one night, Lucas was quite the couchsurfer. He was very excited to be in Thailand (as they usually are), and had been talking with me and asking me questions about his trip for months before actually arriving. I picked him up from the airport at 6am, and we stopped for coffee in the city before heading to my place to drop off his bag. Headed back out about 10am, and made our way to Lumphini park to rent a paddle boat. I'd never rented one before, and thought I'd see if it was worth the trouble/effort. It was. We paddled all the way around the park in our floating yellow duck, and turtles, jumping fish, and Komodo dragon lizard things.


We went to Chinatown to wander for the afternoon, with a stop at the giant Golden Buddha temple.


On Day 2 we spent most of the day looking for hostel he'd booked in the city, and booking his transportation to Koh Samui for the weekend.

Day 3(Thanksgiving) we went to Kanchanaburi to visit the Floating Market. Had a great time, and had some good food after, but *somebody* had too much street food in his first few days, and was super sick that night.






We also made a stop at the snake farm to watch the show, and Lucas, well, he got a little scared ;)



No comments: