Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Boys

Last month my friend Graham came to visit me (and Cambodia and Korea). He also brought along two friends: Chris, from California, and Lucas, also from California, but currently teaching in Korea. Thailand was the last stop on their trip, and they arrived conveniently(for me) on Teacher's Day, so I was off and able to pick them up at the airport with no trouble. 
In the cab from the airport
They wandered the city the next day, then were off to Pattaya and Koh Chang on Friday for a week. Picked them up the following Saturday...
Another taxi home
...and headed to Ayutthaya with Annika on Sunday! 
On the bus to Ayutthaya!

Sleepy boys

The ONE Wat we visited haha



FACE



<3 td="">

Me and Annika

In our tuk-tuk for the day

Floating Market

Me and Chris in the boat :)
Sunday night the boys stayed out in the city, and then went out of town again for the week. They were back on Thursday night (after dropping Lucas off at the airport for his flight back to Korea). Friday morning they slept while I worked, and in the afternoon we hit MBK for some quick shopping, Coyote's for Mexican food, Soi 38 for mangoes and sticky rice, and one of the sky bars for some (pricey) drinks (but a great view of the city). 
Waiting for the BTS

Mangoes!  You can't eat the pit, Graham! lol

At the sky bar with my $12 glass of wine


They were a lot of fun :D
Saturday was their last day, so I took them to Koh Kret to see the pottery villages. 
Getting coffee..and taking awkward pictures
The view across the river





Graham thought my snack was....odd-looking




I was really sad when they had to leave for the airport that night, but it was so nice to have spent the time with them that I did. Thanks for coming! Visit again soon, boys! :D
Saying goodbye

No comments: