Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 17 - Last Day in Egypt

-Like clockwork, my bladder woke me up at 8am, and I plodded off to go squat in the sand somewhere. When I returned the others had woken up, and after some coffee and a light breakfast we packed up our gear and started the journey back to to Cairo.


Breakfast...and me with my umbrella...I've definitely been living in Asia too long

-We visited a few of the famous white rock formations, stopped for lunch at the muscle woman's home/shop, and switched back to the van again when we reached Bedwin.



-Upon arriving home, I checked my flight and realized it was leaving at 4am not 4pm the next day, so I quickly showered before packing up my things. We ordered a delicious bagel dinner to be delivered, then watched Life of Pi before saying our goodbyes and sending me off in a taxi to the airport.

-I was several (4) hours early for my flight, so I settled down with a cappuccino and my book to wait it out. Two o'clock came, and I headed to my check-in counter, only to get all the way to the front of the line and their system "had a problem." For whatever reason, their computers wouldn't scan or print anything, so we sat around, on the floor, for over an hour, before they finally started hand-writing our boarding passes. Then currency exchange before my gate was "out of euros," so I was stuck with my useless Egyptian pounds until my next stop.

-We left about 30 minutes behind schedule, so when I got to Abu Dhabi for my transfer, I rushed off the plane to hurry to my connecting flight, only to find it delayed 2 hours. Sigh...story of my life.

No comments: