Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 18 - Back to the Land of Smiles

-After trying a few different exchange counters in Abu Dhabi, I finally found one that would take my Egyptian pound, so I changed most of it to Euros and got a little bit of local currency, just enough for coffee and some sinful chocolate/peanut butter pie.

-Our flight was pretty empty, and I had the whole row to myself. I watched a few movies, some TV episodes, and read my book.



-I was so glad to arrive back in Bangkok that in my haste to get off the plane I completely forgot my jacket under the seat. Didn't realize it until a couple days later, and by that point, mai pen rai; one fewer thing for me to pack.

-As it turned out, my bag was the ONLY bag they managed to forget in Abu Dhabi, so I had to fill out a bunch of forms for them to bring it to me the following evening. To top that evening off, I left my cell phone in the taxi on the ride home from the aiport. Carried it all over Europe, then left it in the freakin' taxi. Luckily, a Thai friend of mine called the airport with my luggage info so they could contact her instead of me the next day when my bag arrived, and when I bought a new phone the next day, TRUEmove (service carrier) gave me a new simcard with my same old number and all my minutes still on it, free of charge (once I'd verified the number and when I had purchased the last one).


-So as usual, though some things get lost, some things don't work, and some things just don't go how I'd have expected, life goes on.:)

No comments: