Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cooking With Poo

My last morning in Bangkok I was up early to meet with Natalie to head out for our Thai cooking class! Cooking with Poo (her Thai nickname is Chompoo, which means rose apple, but "poo" sounds funnier for a cooking class, so that's what stuck) is a cooking class run by Khun Poo in the Klong Toei slum community, and all proceeds go to help those in the community improve their quality of life. cookingwithpoo.com

Walkin' through the market first

Fried bugs

Pig heads

Making our first dish, Tom yum gai (chicken soup)

Finished soup!

Cooking our second dish - gai ga team (stir-fried chicken with garlic)

Finished chicken! SO good!

Poo explaining our last dish

Cooking it (it was ground duck, but I didn't eat this one, so I made it extra spicy to give to Pookie, who told me it was delicious)

Finished!

Getting the desserts ready

My yummy dish of mango and sticky rice! MMMMMM!!!

With Poo and her cookbook :D

No comments: