Thursday, June 20, 2013

Seoul, Day 4

-Rain again. After riding two hours on the metro to walk for 15 minutes through an outdoor market and accidentally offending an old Korean woman with my umbrella, I heard Starbucks calling me again. I was in luck, as there happened to be one right across the street, but my anticipation for some time of coffee and tranquility were short-lived. I still got my coffee, but Koreans don't seem to know what "inside voices" are, let alone how to use one if they had them, because that was the LOUDEST coffeeshop, Starbucks or otherwise, that I have ever been in. What ever happened to the students with double espressos ticking schoolwork on laptops, hipsters sipping lattes and reading novels, and the little old man with his flat white and newspaper? Good days gone, I suppose. Or perhaps Seoul never had them.



-Stayed as long as I could bear it, then puttered around the area a bit, trying to capture some "typical Korean life" before meeting with Katya to head to the airport for my 10pm flight.








 

 


No comments: