Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Seoul, Day 2

-Katya had a thesis to finish, and Luis had a lecture/workshop to attend, so on his way he dropped me at Gyeongbokgung Palace, where I spent most of my day. I arrived just in time for one of the changing of the guards "ceremonies", so I stood behind the line and watched before getting my ticket and going inside. While there'll never be a palace more beautiful than the Grand Palace in Bangkok (in my opinion), I did appreciate the picturesque landscapes, and the mountains in the background, not to mention the quiet peacefulness of the area as opposed to the chaotic surroundings of Bangkok.










I'm year of the Rabbit :D





-Visited the Folk Museum at the palace, and watched a song-and-dance show thing for a bit, during which an older Korean hurried in (late) and sat next to me and grabbed the program out of my lap to fan herself.



-I followed Sejong-daero street down to the City Hall metro station and rode it to Hoegi to meet up with Luis at 5:30.

Market










-We met Katya for dinner at ChinaFactory, and had some really delicious Chinese food! At least the chopsticks weren't metal this time.
 





 
 
Using my chopsticks like a pro!

My Korean pose hahaha "If I stretch my neck, I look taller"



No comments: