Monday, July 12, 2010

Let's compare weekends, shall we?

On Thursday Sunny took Bauj and I to get our medical certificates for our work visas, and they tested for 5 things, including syphilis, and something that they had to draw blood for. I didn't like the idea of getting my arm poked on my lunch break, and when they were prepping my arm I made a very sad and distressed face. The doctor asked me if it was my first time getting blood drawn hahaha. I told him no, I just don't like needles, to which he attemted to alleviate my discomfort by telling me "not to look." As if not looking would make it feel like kittens licking me.
That night we(Me, Harry, Melissa, Rani, and Bauj) got our gym/pool membership at our condos at a discounted price of 7,000B for the year(instead of 8, because we signed up as a group).

Pedaling my little heart out
We decided to get started right away and do a workout that night before they closed at 9, and while there, I made the mistake of misjudging Rani's tiny 100lb frame. I bet him that my legs, which have always been my favorite asset, as they are quite strong and usually well toned, could out-bench his. We got to 130lbs..and you'll just have to watch the videos(that were too big to upload, grr..they'll be on facebook soon hopefully) to see what happened.


Friday night I headed out to Bangkok to hang out with April, and it POURED rain(of course). My hair was drenched two steps outside my building, and sitting in the taxi all I could hear was the rain beating down on the hood.

April finally got a cell phone, so I met her at the mall where she had just gotten it so we could go from there. While walking through the mall, we noticed they had those anime contacts that make your eyes look bigger. Yes. We bought them. And we wore them out that night. It was hilarious. April had never put contacts in before, so the first one took her half an hour. I just put mine over my regular contacts; I could still feel them, but it wasn't too bad. Mostly hilarious.

April trying to put in her contacts

lol we look like anime characters
Saturday we got up early to go see Lisa's new place(before she heads out next month), and enjoy their buffet breakfast. We checked out the view from her balcony, then headed off to Chinatown. Lisa had her second MRT ride, and her first Tuk-tuk ride. We had lunch at this huge hotel in chinatown, and I bought a Chinese dress and an Indian outfit.




Lisa got a few meters of fabric for her seamstress to make her something, and April..I think she got some postcards...I don't remember her getting anything else. After Lisa went home, we headed back to April's neighborhood, where she groveled and gave a gift to the Ladyboy that was supposed to do her hair at 2pm(it was now 5:30). She ended up getting it done an hour later, but by someone else. Then she grabbed her stuff and we headed out to my place for the night.
Sunday consisted of laundry(I hadn't done laundry for 3 weeks, and had finally run out of socks), enjoying the pool(and not enjoying the sunburn that turned up later), and then back to Bangkok for church. OH. And my new fridge came. The free one. Because my awesome manager talked to my landlord. :D


Comfy new addition to my apt, thanks to Harry and Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't buy the duck?

Amelia said...

um..no. haha I wouldn't know what to do with it,and i probably wouldn't have liked it either