Monday, July 12, 2010

My coffee makes me sexy

Sometimes I feel like all I do is grading. Another reason I don't plan on making this my career. Nevertheless, I'm keeping up with everything, in fact at the moment I'm 3 Units ahead in my lesson plans, I turned in my pre-midterm scores early, and we've started taking midterms today.
(enter video of "speed grading" here..but it was too big, so it'll be on my facebook)

This is set to be a rather long post, as I didn't get around to posting last week, and have done quite a bit since then. Or at least I think so. Last weekend, as you remember, we had our mandatory saturday training, and following this meeting, Khun Pooh, April and I met up with Lisa, Bob, and Christy and Kelly to have dinner at...I forget..one of the malls.

Anyway, had really good western food, then saw this really odd movie; it was a Thai independent film that had apparently won an award at the King's film festival, but we couldn't see why. It was called "Uncle Boonmee, The man who recalls his past lives."

O_o

Yeah. That was my reaction too. We asked Pooh to explain it to us afterwards, but she said she didn't get it either. lol the advertisements before it were pretty hilarious though, including one my post title is related to.

After shopping, April and I got caught outside in a sudden torrential downpour(those happen a lot here), and sought shelter under the stairs to the crosswalk overpass.


The day after(Sunday), April and I headed out for our second week to the Bangkok Christian Guesthouse for evening service at 6:30. They had a guest speaker that night from Australia, and I thought she did a great job.




Last week was...well, another week with the kids. The more I'm with them, the more familiar they are to me, and I often forget I'm in Thailand; it just feels like I'm in a school in the States with a class of slightly illiterate children. I recognize them all outside of the classroom now, and don't even have to think twice when calling them by name. I have one student who apparently broke her arm and won't be back til next month(so her classmates say), and I'm a little worried about getting her caught up when she does return.




I write this in their workbooks if they have more than 3 unfinished pages by midterms. It says PARENT SIGNATURE

The kids playing heads up 7up

Found this while grading a spelling test

Thai candy...I tried one...and put the others in my desk for "later"

My little worker bees, Eng, Poppy and Oom sharpening my pencils to get candy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "I'm lazy, love home comment. Rosa