Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Comment ça va? Ca va bien!

After misplacing my ATM card last week, and trapsing all the way to the Siam branch to order another and withdraw my paycheck, I had the pleasure of spending my Saturday afternoon with a Cambodian Frenchman. I know, weird, right? His mother is French, and he grew up in Toulouse, France, but his father is Cambodian, so he looks like his dad and speaks like his mother. His name is Julien, and he sent me an email through the couchsurfing network asking if I would be available to show him around the city while he was in the country doing a visa run from Malaysia. So we met up around 4:30pm at the BTS, had fried chicken and rice on the street, chatted for hours at Starbucks(where he was a huge help with some key French grammar points), and then split a delicious pizza and some roti(thai pancake) before calling it a night.

No comments: