Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let Them Eat Quiche!

Did I mention Bryan's a chef?

So of course I HAD to ask him to cook something. Originally it would've just been for he and I, but I mentioned wanting quiche, and not having an oven, and asked Smitha if we could cook at her house(and feed them too), and then Katie said she'd bring dessert, and one thing led to another, and we ended up with about 6 of us. But he was fine with it, and we had a blast.
Monday night seemed to work best for everyone, so after work I headed to the Asok area in Bangkok, met up with Bryan at Tops Market to pick up our groceries, and then promptly walked over to Smitha and Kent's apt. We were going to try to do it without a crust(because Bryan insisted that "baking wasn't his forte" and it wouldn't turn out), but we found a "just add water" mix for two flaky crusts, so I said I'd make the crust. Thank God for Betty Crocker.


The quiche was going to take about an hour to make and bake, so Kent poured us each(except Smitha) a glass of wine, and we snacked on the delicious fruits(mangosteen and ranbutan) that Pookie brought over.

After what seemed like an eternity, the oven buzzed and we all sat down to our amazing food. I scarfed down FOUR pieces.


The quiche was SO good. Mmm, mmm, MMM!

No comments: