Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where my alcoholics? Let me see your hands up!

Every other Wednesday night is Pub Quiz night at the Paulaner Beer Garden. My coworkers and I go, forming two separate teams(Tony Christie Fan Club, and In Your Pints[my team]), and join the other 5 or six teams that show up to compete every week. The weekly first prize is a case of beer, which doesn't motivate me since I don't DRINK beer, but it's fun to play, and when you have a good round, it's an awesome feeling.

There are 5 categories with 10 questions each, plus two bonus rounds. Each bonus round has 4 clues(2 points each), and the answers are all related(the "connector" is the last 2 points).

The 1st clue was "a 1980s movie with Brooke Shields"
- I didn't know the answer, but my team said Blue Lagoon.
The 2nd clue was "a tool"
- (hammer? wrench?)
The 3rd was "an insect in the sub-order Caelifera and the order Orthoptera"
- (butterfly? roach? ladybug?)
The 4th was "someone who is well traveled, is knowledgeable about various cultures, and embraces their multicultural surroundings"
- (entrepreneur? gipsy? embassador?)

We couldn't figure it out...til all of a sudden it hit me:

COCKTAILS!

#1 - Blue Lagoon(already established by my team, but the only cocktail I hadn't heard of)- Vodka, Blue Curacao, and Lemonade












#2? Screwdriver - Vodka and Orange Juice











#3? Grasshopper - Creme de Menthe, Creme de Cacao, and Fresh Cream(and Vodka)












#4? My team was totally stumped by this one, but I was like, "Duh! Cosmopolitan!" - Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice and Lime












We aced that bonus round, being the only team to get all ten points for the round.

Thanks to me and my alcoholism, lol.

Cheers!

No comments: