Friday, July 29, 2011

Couchsurfer #3


Bryan.
Sushi Chef from Arizona, and my third American surfer. He arrived late Wednesday evening, on the 20th, so I offered to pick him up at the airport, as finding my apt in the dark when you've never been here can be a nightmare. Luckily, his flight got in 45 minutes early, so we were able to catch the last Airport Link train into the city instead of taking a cab from the airport.
Thursday he spent the day trying out the bus system, trying every new food he found, and exploring. Stephanie and I met up with him after Ladies Night at Coyote's, and we had an irritating cab ride home(traffic and an idiot driver).
Friday I was off work at noon, so Bryan just slept in and we headed into the city when I got back from work. I took him to MBK to wander around, then to Siam to see a movie, but there wasn't anything new playing, so we hit Si Lom for some coffee before heading to The Saxophone for some awesome live music and delicious curry.
Saturday I took him to Koh Kret, where he tried more "exotic skewers," watched some Thai dancing, munched on some crunchy green fruit, and even got to watch some of the pottery being made. That was a treat. :)






Sunday He explored on his own, then met up with me after church for noodles on the street with some of my church friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are having such good luck with your couch surfers. Rosa