Monday, January 23, 2012

Au Revoir..for now

Flo didn't have to work on Monday, so we slept in, I spent the morning finishing up my packing, and then we headed into Montpellier to spend a few hours out together before my flight. We'd had a late breakfast..so by this time it was around 4:30ish, and I was hungry for lunch/dinner. But apparently, in France, they only serve real food during breakfast, lunch and dinner hours, which do not include the hours of 2pm to about 7pm. I was starving. And I didn't want just coffee and a croissant, lol. I wanted FOOD. So we walked all over the city center, and finally found a place that would feed us real food upstairs.

So we plopped down by a window, talked and people watched while we ate,

and tried to make the most of our last few hours.


Saying goodbye at the airport was a lot harder than it was in October. I put Fred(I asked for a puppy..and Flo got me one <3) in my shoulder bag, gave Flo a long hug and kiss, and as the tears started welling up, I headed up the escalator to the security check-in. Maybe I'll just move to France next year instead of California.

No comments: