Thursday, January 12, 2012

The following few days..

After Christmas...Flo had to work. Every day. Which was lame. BUT..I survived. I cleaned his apartment from top to bottom, did laundry, watered the plants, and counted the hours til he got home, haha. Monday and Tuesday were a bit long, but Wednesday morning I had my massage at the spa, which couldn't have been better.
On Thursdays he only works in the afternoon, so we spent the morning together, then headed into town for lunch before he had to go in to work. For the afternoon, I walked along the river and explored what Narbonne had to offer.




It was pretty windy that afternoon, so when it started getting a bit too cold, I started walking back to the apt, but decided to go to Carrefour and pick up some things for dinner that evening. It was about time I made dinner, after all. I made mozzarella and tomato ravioli with pesto, salad with homemade dressing(that Flo made), and two delicious wedges of Gouda with some fresh bread. I also picked the wine, and that terrified me. I went with a rosé, as I'm not a huge fan of white and red is a nightmare to choose. To avoid waving my foreigner flag for all the other shoppers to see, I employed the only method I could think of - choosing a wine that had the most bottles missing. It was a little risky, but I took my chances and chose one that had what looked like at least four bottles missing. The result: Amelia-chosen, Flo-approved. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, y ahora Amelia es CHEF. Que magnifico. Y que forma astuta de escoger el vino. My hat's off to you! Rosa