Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas weekend

Flo met me at the airport, and despite my exhaustion I agreed to wander the Montpellier city center for a few hours with him. We stopped first for a cup of coffee, which I desperately needed, then followed a few streets out to..this monument. I forget what it was for/called.

Back in the center plaza, there was a sort of Christmas village/market set up, with little wooden cabin shops filled with all sorts of things, and even a little marching band of elves(well, men dressed as elves) came trotting through while we sipped our hot wine.

We attended the Christmas Eve service that night at 9pm, and although the entire service was in French, I recognized two of the songs(Hark, The Herald Angels Sing and Angels We Have Heard on High) so I just sang along in English. :)

Christmas morning we had blueberry pancakes. I made them...but the first one was a little...under-par.

So I added a little more dough(had way too many blueberries the first time), and they came out MUCH better. :D

Flo did a wonderful job with my gifts -
An amazing spa massage

Hugh Laurie's "Let Them Talk" Special Edition Cd&DvD - LOVE IT.

A box of mouth-watering local chocolates

and a super cool digital picture frame to display all my awesome pics in one place :D
I think he liked his gift too..

We had Christmas dinner at Flo's friend Thibaut's place, along with about 5 or six others. As anticipated, I was the only non-French speaker, and while everyone else carried on, I sat and enjoyed the seemingly endless trays of foie gras and wine. Don't worry, I love his friends, and I still had a great time. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to take pictures that night, I wasn't going to be the annoying foreigner snapping her camera all over the place during dinner. So..yeah. Use your imagination. haha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia, la cocinera; quien hubiera creido! :) Rosa

Amelia said...

Hmph..muchos gracias..