Monday, April 9, 2012

Four Days in Toulouse

My friend Dave met me at the train station in Toulouse, and after dropping my bags at his place, we went into town for some delicious food: burgers, lol. Dave is also, well..not a very good cook, so I was in charge of most of the meals. I think I did alright.

Perhaps you heard about the madman loose in Toulouse on the news? I was there right while they were chasing him, and they caught him the second day I was there. So that, along with the rainy depressing weather, kept us inside for most of the week. He had lots of friends who came to visit, and I enjoyed talking with the ones I already knew, and getting to know the new ones.
Did I mention Dave's a professional poker player? True story. But...he can't shuffle a deck of cards. XD

We did finally get a chance Thursday evening to take the bike out for a ride around town, and then got up bright and early for a three and a half hour ride through the countryside. It was gorgeous weather that day, and I decided to risk my life to get a few pictures to share with ya'll.



I had arranged to stay with Dave in Toulouse for the remainder of my stay in France, but spent most of the few days I was there moping around and chatting with Flo late in the evenings. He missed me as much, if not more, than I missed him, and wanted me to go with him to Paris for the weekend like we had originally planned two months ago. I was hesitant to go, as I wasn't sure if it would be a good trip or an utter disaster, but I knew if I didn't go, I would always wish I had. So I agreed to take the train back to Narbonne Friday afternoon to catch the train with him to Paris.

Stay tuned...

No comments: