Saturday, April 21, 2012

Songkran 2012

Remember Tim the Tour Guide from Amsterdam? Well he's been volunteering in a little village in northern Thailand near Mae Hong Son and last minute invited me to join him and his friends in Chiang Mai for Songkran. Having had two other sets of plans fall through, I was happy to accept, and booked my flights and guesthouse right away. Flew out Friday evening, and stayed through Monday. Songkran was a little different than last year's madness in Bangkok, and I kind of liked that, although there's something about warm moat water that makes you want to shower as soon as the day's done. Made out with some pretty nasty bruises by the end of the weekend, but otherwise no harm done ;).

Tim's (and now my) friend Hans and me - a force to be reckoned with for sure

Tiny Songkraners! :D

Drawing from our bucket of ice water

No one is safe from the fun

Buckets of water and paste everywhere

Out come the crazies..

Ambush!

Tim and Hans

Tim, Me, Hans :)

No comments: