Saturday, April 7, 2012

Two Days in Narbonne

I had two flights to the south of France, one from Leeds to Paris, and one from Paris to Montpellier. The only problem was that they weren't on the same itinerary, meaning I'd have to retrieve my bag at baggage claim then re-check in and go back through security before catching my second flight, with only a 75 minute layover. And when my first flight was delayed 45 minutes...I panicked. I sweat bullets the entire flight to Paris, pushed my way through passport control, grabbed my bag off the belt, rushed down to the train(because I had to change terminals, OF COURSE), and RAN to my check in counter. I reached it with one minute to spare(before check in closed), and the nice guy behind the counter told me not to worry because I'd made it, and that I could relax because my flight was delayed 15 minutes. Sigh..travel isn't travel without stress.
Flo was waiting right outside baggage claim to see me, and I was glad to see him. We argued all the way home in the car, but once we were home and I'd gotten the shower I desperately needed, he made pizza and we had a decent evening. He also had a gift for me:

Very sweet of him.

I slept in while he was at work the next morning, and when he came home at lunch(he'd taken the afternoon off), we decided to go to the beach to relax for the afternoon. It was pretty windy, but we stuck it out for about an hour until it got to be too much.

We had planned to go out for dinner, but Flo insisted that he wasn't feeling well and couldn't go. I got upset, we argued, and I went to sulk in the bedroom. He went and cooked me dinner, I came out to eat it...and we cuddled on the couch and watched The Artist(which was really good, by the way - watch it if you haven't).
I packed up my things in the morning(Tues) and he took me to the train station. He had to get to work and couldn't wait with me for my train, but we hugged goodbye said we'd keep in touch.

to be continued...

No comments: