Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Class, what do you do at a barbershop?" Boy - "Get a mohawk!"

So on Monday after work, Gary took us to the bank in Bangkok to get our ATM cards, but we had to wait around for over an hour. After we finally signed for them, since Gary couldn't drive us back, Colin called Brenda(who was in Bangkok at a meeting or something) and asked her if she'd give us a ride after she was done. She agreed, so we met up with her at this Irish Pub right outside one of the red light districts. But we didn't walk there...we took motorcycles! I was so excited! At first it was a little terrifying, just sitting on the back, holding on for dear life, but after a minute or two you start to kind of relax and enjoy zipping through traffic. It's the one day I didn't have my camera on me, of course, so I don't have a picture of "my first ride," but I'll get a video of one soon. Sunny suggested I hold my camera on my knee and let it record while I ride...so as soon as I do that I'll post the video for you all to watch and wonder how I survived. It was SO much fun though, and much cheaper than a taxi. We had food and shot a few games of pool at the pub, then headed back to Brenda's car several blocks away, and right next to the first Starbucks I'd seen since I left CA. I had to buy some. And it was lovely.

Tuesday? Uneventful. Worked, did lesson plans, and came home.

The school right before afternoon classes...it's like an antfarm.

Today? Went to work, had cake(Happy Birthday, Sacred Heart Nonthaburi), and then went with Bauj, Rani and Brenda to Yoga at Sohkothai University. That was interesting. We had chinese food after yoga, then it started pouring rain, so we took a taxi home. Also got the box my parents sent me today! Very excited about the books that came.


My first package!

The jellybeans that came open in the box...don't worry, I still ate them.

Me deciding never to do yoga again.

Logton Juice at the Chinese restaurant...tasted like brown-sugar water...or liquid raisins...not good.

Me hailing our taxi in another torrential downpour

1 comment:

Ted said...

Loved the comment about the ant farm. LOL Mom