Monday, June 14, 2010

Day Trip to...places

On Saturday a day trip was offered, so I went for it. There were about ten of us, but I was the only one from Nonthaburi, as Bauj and Rani preferred running and cleaning to exploring apparently. As you may recall, I got home Friday night around 3:30am; nevertheless, I was up again at 7 and on a motorbike by 8:30 to meet Sert at the school and head for Don Muang to meet up with the others. We were all on our way by 9:30, and we visited the King Rama II Museum in Amphawa County on the Mae Klong River, saw a demonstration of how to make sugar from coconut, visited the Julamanee Temple, and then spent time at the Amphawa Evening Floating Market.

Lunchtime

Pork and noodles...soup

This market goes right along the train tracks. Active train tracks. A train that comes through sometimes up to 8 times in a day. So of course we had to walk through it. No train scheduled for at least an hour or so.

He was selling little ducklings!

Frogs. Toasty.

King and Queen of Thailand

At the King Rama II Museum

April and I listening to music from "back then"

Sert being "The Giant" lol

Standing in a heart of flowers(obviously)

Khun Pooh and I pressing down buddha's flaking gold skin

Hit the gong three times and make a wish! I wished for the cute Australian to show up at Salsa again soon.

Inside the temple, and up in the back there are the mummified(sort of) remains of...the guy they "pay respect to"

Khun Pooh paying respect

Giving fishies new life....lol at 10B per fish

"I've got a lov-a-ly bunch of coconuts, diddly diddly, there they are standing in a row..."

The floating market

On the long tail boat to cruise down the river and see fireflies when it got dark

One of the houses along the canal


It took me almost a week to get this blog posted, as the computers at work refused to cooperate with pictures. I hope you all truly appreciate all the work this is to keep you all informed. :)

No comments: