Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Phraharuthai Nonthaburi School!

Okay, so I'm a week late with my birthday wishes, but I just found the pictures yesterday. Last Thursday was our school's birthday, and of course, this was a reason to have a special assembly and show off what the students can do. Here are some of the pictures:

Two of my students: Mook in the front, and Fern in the back left.


The kindergarteners....so cute!


Another of my students, also nicknamed Mook.


Two of the three Sisters of the school.


More kids.


One of the dance groups.


Not one of my students, but a good picture.


Ranad eks


Gamelan Gongs


Clarinets!


lol


I don't know what this is, but it looked cool.


This one's for Debbie!


The one on the right is another of my students, Sali.


And this is what the school has on all the computers from it.

And just for some more fun, remember those Thai first names I previewed? Have a look at some of the last names...
Tungsinmunkong
Waiyawatjakorn
Chuernbanluesook
Sakuaroong-arroon
Rungpisuthiphong
Likitkarnpaiboon
Petprasurtnymarn
Pattanakulkamjorn
Watcharoteyanggoon
Maneerattanarungrueng

And that's why we have nicknames.

3 comments:

Ted said...

Love the pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Donna said...

What a fun cultural event and great pictures! Is the music as good as MoBand? ;) Haha, we're off to the first concert tonight. Miss you in the clarinet section!

Here's to nicknames! Wow.

Anonymous said...

Woot mallets! It's Debra if you couldn't already tell. Sounds like you're having a great time :D